Saturday December 5, 2015 saw an insightful and energetic reflection meeting wherein the Baha’i community reflected on its collective activities over the last several months. We were happy to see roughly 30 people in attendance. Presentations were given by the Area Teaching Committee and each of the Institute Coordinators regarding the state of the community and some goals for the upcoming cycle (December 2015-March 2016).
After this presentation, everyone brainstormed some ideas for the expansion phase, a period of two weeks during which the members of the Baha’i community systematically expand their networks of community contacts, inviting them to participate in the core activities. We then divided into two groups to discuss some of these ideas in more detail: one discussed devotionals / firesides, while the other discussed the Institute process (books 1 and 5 and a dedicated teaching project).
Here is a summary of some community events that were decided upon:
- Devotionals will be held each night of the planning week somewhere in London (Dec 7th to 12th).
- A Book 3 intensive will be held on Sunday December 13th at the Glabush residence
- A Book 5 campaign will occur from December 28th to January 2nd as part of a junior youth campaign (Mountain Unmoved)
- A Book 1 intensive will be held on Dec 19th and 20th in preparation for the junior youth campaign
- A dedicated teaching project will occur from December 19th to December 22nd
- At least one Fireside will be held each Friday, Saturday and Sunday night somewhere in London during the expansion phase
- The planning week will occur from Dec 7th to Dec 12th The expansion phase will occur for the following two weeks (Dec 13th to Dec 27th).
- The consolidation phase will then begin on December 28th.
- The Area Teaching Committee will soon be announcing detailed plans regarding
locations for the upcoming devotionals and firesides.
A big thank you for all of those who attended the Reflection Meeting and offered their suggestions, critiques, and support. A final reminder that, although these are plans made for the community to participate in, individual initiatives are definitely welcome (and please let the Area Teaching Committee know about these, so that we can provide support and help integrate such initiatives with other activities. Kindly contact Rob Haworth – firstname.lastname@example.org).